Customer Complaints Policy
Arktek Group Limited always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction. As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 0191 516 6911, or email us at email@example.com we aim to respond within 3 working days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0333 241 3209.
- Arktek Group Limited is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
- We do not discriminate against staff on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (“protected characteristics”).
- The principles of non-discrimination and equality of opportunity also apply to the way in which staff treats visitors, clients, suppliers and former staff members.
- All staff has a duty to act in accordance with this policy and treat colleagues with dignity at all times, and not to discriminate against or harass other members of staff, regardless of their status.
- This policy does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment and may be amended at any time.
This policy covers all individuals working at all levels and grades (collectively referred to as staff in this policy).
Arktek Group Limited recognises and accepts its responsibility as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and sub-legislation contained therein. The company, as a data controller, will take all reasonable steps to meet this responsibility and to promote good practice in the handling and use of personal information. In particular, the company will comply with the data protection principles set out in the 1998 Act.
This policy statement applies to all trustees and employees, and individuals about whom Arktek Group processes personal information, as well as other partners and companies with which the company undertakes it business.
In order to conduct its business, Arktek Group needs to collect and use certain types of personal information about people with whom it deals in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective employees, customers, suppliers, clients, and others with whom it communicates. In addition, it may be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by Arktek Group as very important in order to secure the successful carrying out of operations and the delivery of our services, and to maintaining confidence with those whom we deal. Arktek Group wishes to ensure that it treats personal information lawfully, correctly and in compliance with the 1998 Act. To this end we fully endorse the obligations of the Act and adhere to the principles of data protection, as enumerated in the 1998 Act.
Data Protection Principles
Specifically, the principles require that personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions as set out in the 1998 Act are met;
- shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject under the 1998 Act; and that:
- appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data;
- shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Union unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Arktek Group Limited will, through appropriate management and application of criteria and controls:
- observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
- collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
- ensure the quality of information used, including its accuracy and relevancy for the purpose(s) specified;
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held;
- ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the 1998 Act. (These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken: the right of access to one’s personal information; the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances; the right to correct, block or erase information which is regarded as erroneous);
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
- In addition, the company takes steps to ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation;
- everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
- everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so and is appropriately supervised;
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do;
- queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with;
- methods of handling personal information are clearly described;
- a regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed;
- methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- methods and performance of handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated;
- it disseminates to employees, information on good practice in respect of handling, using and storing personal information.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement
Arktek Group Ltd’s primary role is the installation energy efficient measures for domestic, commercial and social housing properties throughout the United Kingdom. This policy statement applies to all areas of operation whether site or office based. We will work closely with our clients and suppliers with a focus of the adoption of compatible policies relating to the reduction of:
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Environmental impact due to our operations
Arktek Group Ltd recognises its obligations both morally and from a business perspective, to carry out our activities in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. Building on our long history of environmental awareness our aim is to continue to contribute to a sustainable future through:
Our staff – who will be continuously trained and developed in their roles to provide fulfilling employment whilst maintaining a culture, which encourages safe working practices and an enjoyable life-work balance.
Our clients and partners – to whom we will communicate continuously in order that we can deliver our services in a manner that exceed expectations.
Our supply chain – who we will work closely with in order to develop long term partnerships based on ethical procurement methods, where mutually beneficial relationships is our objective.
Environmental awareness – we will promote innovative solutions that minimise all forms of resource consumption, promote recycling and wherever possible the use of recycled materials with a consistent goal of reducing the carbon footprint of our operations.
Our product and services – we will develop assets using sustainable, safe methods of work and continue to operate them for whilst striving to continuously improve our service for the benefit of all stakeholders.
This policy is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains relevant to our business it is supported by our integrated management system and by specific policies:
- Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety
- Employee Training
- Employment Policies
- Transport Logistics and Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
Health and Safety
Health and Safety Policy Statement
We are aware of our responsibilities relating to OH&S matters throughout our business activities and as such are committed to preventing injury and ill health and to complying with all relevant health and safety legislation, regulations and other health and safety requirements.
We will regularly evaluate the hazards and risks from our activities, products and services and we will take action to continually improve our health and safety performance by implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System that meets the requirements of OHSAS 18001.
We will define health and safety objectives, targets and improvement actions that are related to this policy and to our significant health and safety risks. We will regularly evaluate progress against these through our ‘Management Review’ process thereby ensuring that our performance is subject to continual improvement.
We are committed to continuously providing relevant health & safety training and promoting health & safety awareness to employees and, where appropriate, to suppliers and to communicating our health & safety performance.
We will implement processes to prevent health & safety accidents, incidents, near misses and other nonconformities and to ensure that we are prepared to deal with potential health & safety emergencies.
We will investigate all possible site incidents to look at any remedial actions or lessons to be learnt in order to make all of the areas in which we work to be as safe as practicable.
We will endeavour to consult with all of our staff on matters relating to health and safety through regular meetings, toolbox talks and newsletters.
This OH&S Policy is subject to regular Management Review in order to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the Organisation’s activities.
Environmental Policy Statement
Arktek Group Limited (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in fulfilment of its compliance obligations relating to the installation of energy saving measures for domestic and commercial properties including domestic and commercial property maintenance service. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements, to protect the environment and to continually improve the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- a) Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- b) Training of employees in environmental issues
- c) Minimise the production of waste
- d) Minimise material wastage
- e) Minimise energy wastage
- f) Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- g) Prevent pollution in all its forms
- h) Control noise emissions from operations
- i) Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation.
Top management demonstrates leadership and commitment with respect to the Environmental Management System by:
- a) Taking accountability for the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System
- b) Ensuring that the Environmental Policy and Environmental Objectives are established and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the Organisation
- c) Ensuring the integration of the Environmental Management System requirements into the Organisation’s business processes
- d) Ensuring that the resources needed for the Environmental Management System are available
- e) Communicating the importance of effective environmental management and of conforming to the environmental management system requirements
- f) Ensuring that the Environmental Management System achieves its intended outcomes
- g) Directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the environmental management system
- h) Promoting continual improvement
- i) Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers, and sub-contractors and is made available to interested parties.
Quality Policy Statement
Arktek Group Limited (the ‘Organisation’) aims to provide defect free products and services to its customers on time and within budget.
The Organisation operates a Quality Management System that has gained BS EN ISO 9001 : 2015 certification, including aspects specific to the installation of energy saving measures for domestic and commercial properties including domestic and commercial property maintenance service.
The management is committed to:
- Develop and improve the Quality Management System
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- The enhancement of customer satisfaction.
The management has a continuing commitment to:
- Ensure that customer needs and expectations are determined and fulfilled with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction
- Communicate throughout the Organisation the importance of meeting customer needs and all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Establish the Quality Policy and to set Quality Objectives at relevant functions, levels and processes
- Ensure that the Management Reviews set and review the Quality Objectives, and report on the internal audit results as a means of monitoring and measuring the processes and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Ensure the availability of resources.
The structure of the Quality Management System is defined in the organisation’s Quality Manual.
All personnel understand the requirements of this Quality Policy and abide with the contents of the Quality Manual. The Organisation complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. The Organisation constantly monitors its quality performance and implements improvements when appropriate.
This Quality Policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability.
Copies of the Quality Policy are made available to all members of staff and to relevant interested parties. Copies of the minutes of Management Reviews, or extracts thereof, are provided to individual members of staff in accordance with their role and responsibilities as a means of communicating the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.